via Smitten Kitten
Recipe for 18-24 cookies
What you’ll need:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (think Sugar in the Raw)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heaped 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or table salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound semi or bittersweet chocolate – chips or flaked/cut up bar (use a serrated knife)
- Flaky or course sea salt
What to do:
Preheat oven 350° F.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Beat in the heaped 1/4 teaspoon of salt and baking soda
Beat in the flour. It should look a little crumbly at this point. If not, add a little bit of flour and mix again.
Fold in the chocolate with a spatula.
Make balls of cookies about 1 1/2 tablespoons in size.
Bake until you see hints of brown on the top (7-12 minutes).
Remove from the oven, let cool, and then smile.